Talk:Setting Up Bukkit Permissions
Quote: "Instead of developers having to manage multiple systems, they can use one central system".
Looking at the API I think you can have multiple permissions plugins installed at the same time. --Samp20
- Yes but developers do a check of player.hasPermission() regardless of what the user has installed. Or am I mistaken? Or are you referring to having Bukkit Permissions and something like Permissions 3.x? [CMahaff]
- yes player.hasPermission() is still used as normal, but behind the scenes there could be several plugins providing permissions. For example a standard group based permissions plugin like permissionsBukkit might set the permission "some.useful.permission", and another plugin such as an RPG class ranking system set another permission "some.other.permission" totally independently of the first plugin.--Samp20 04:45, 3 August 2011 (EST)
- This is true. But for developers this would still be considered "one central system" right? What were you thinking I should change? [CMahaff]
- Hmm actually you're right. There is just one central system but you can have multiple permission providers for that system. Sorry for any confusion, I think I confused myself too --Samp20 12:23, 3 August 2011 (EST)
- Haha that's fine, thanks for the discussion. I want this page to be as informative and clear as possible. [CMahaff]
group under inheritance should be indented 4 more spaces,
When used like in the picture, there will be an error message. Indenting it an additional 4 spaces fixes this problem.
- This never used to happen, this used to work fine. Was the plugin changed? If you really do think you have everything right and that this needs to be changed you'll have to submit a fixed picture/fix the text. I'm afraid I'm just too busy to look into it. Sorry fo the inconvenience :/
This page is mis-categorized and mis-labeled
This page should be under the Plugins category, as its about PermissionsBukkit, NOT about the features of the permissions system within Bukkit itself. 4am 13:02, 11 February 2012 (EST)
- If there's anyway for it to be moved, that'd be fine with me. Probably a mistake on my part when I made the page, remember that Permissions Bukkit was originally labeled as the "official" permissions plugin.